Placement Cell - Symbiosis School of Biological Sciences ( formerly School of Biomedical sciences)
Placement Cell at SSBS has been constituted to explore best avenues of opportunities in career path identification and thereby successful placements. Few activities undertaken by the cell includes:
- Facilitating final semester project/internship/job placements for the last semester at various research centres/industries and hospitals. Through placement cells, Biotechnology students are sent for their projects to various national level institutes such as National Chemical Laboratory (NCL), Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), National Center for Cell Sciences (NCCS), as well to industries such as Invictus Oncology, New Delhi,Mitra Biotech, Bangalore. Similarly Nutrition & Dietetics students are sent to Nestle, Ruby Hall Clinic, Poona Diabetes Centre and Sahyadri Hospital. Currently we are in communication with few private organizations like Vaccine Research & Development Centre of Venky's India Ltd. for the job opportunities for students.
- Conducting seminars and workshops to enable students become successful professionals. "Danone Food industry insight" a guest lecture by Dr.Madhavi Marathe conducted on opportunities at Danone on 24th July ,2015 . As this was on opportunities at Danone.
- Session conducted on "Employability skills" by Mrs Devika Shetty Head (Training and Placements),Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences, 19th March, 2016 for ND and BT students"
Coca-Cola Beverages Bottling Plant, Pirangut - 24th January 2018
Vasantdada Sugar Institute, Manjiri- 29th August 2017
Tata Innovation Centre (Tata Chemicals), Paud Road, Pune- 21st July 2017.
Ventri Biologicals, Venkateshwara Hatcheries Pvt Ltd.
Ventri Biologicals, Venkateshwara Hatcheries Pvt. Ltd. Hinjewadi branch
Microbial Culture Collection unit of NCCS, Pashan, Pune.
State Public Health Laboratory, Pune.
Suhana Masale Plant, Yavat
Venky's Nutrition Plant, Ketkavale
Visit to Cipla Palliative Care and Training Centre, Pune on 7 April 2017
Industry Visit to BV Bio Corp Venky's Plant, Morwadi on 6 April 2017
Visit to Tata Chemicals – Innovation Centre (Paud Road, Pune) – August 10, 2016
Visit to Venkateshwara hatcheries (VH Group) Hinjewadi, Pune August 11, 2016
Visit to Microbial Collection Centre (MCC- NCCS) Pashan Road, August 12, 2016
- Chancellor’s Gold Medal.
- Late Jayatee Deshmukh Award for best Out Going Girl Student from SIU.
- Certificate of Merit for Best Academic Performance in the Post Graduate degree programme.
Copyright © 2016 Symbiosis School of Biological Sciences (SSBS)(formerly School of Biomedical sciences). All Rights Reserved.